The Performance Dashboard provides an instant, up-to-date picture of the performance of the machines in your MachineMetrics environment. This article explains how information is laid out in the Performance Dashboard, how to understand what you are seeing, and how to use the capabilities and functionality available.
This article contains the following topics:
- Accessing the Performance Dashboard
- Performance Dashboard Views
- Performance Dashboard Information Layout
- Machine Performance Goal Settings
- Machine Operating Statuses and Indicators
Accessing the Performance Dashboard
When you initially login to MachineMetrics, one of the Current Shift Dashboard views will automatically display. To access the Performance Dashboard from the Current Shift Dashboard page, click Current Shift Dashboard (in the top left of the window) to display the dashboard pull-down menu, and then click Performance Dashboard.
Performance Dashboard Views
The Performance Dashboard allows you to view the performance the machines in your environment by day or by shift for the current shift and the last several days. The views available in the Performance Dashboard include:
- OEE: Shows machine performance compared to the Overall Equipment Effectiveness (OEE) goal.
- Parts Goal: Shows machine performance compared to the Parts Goal.
- Utilization: Shows machine performance compared to the Utilization goal.
The following figure shows an example of the Performance Dashboard OEE view.
Changing the Performance Dashboard View
When you first access the Performance Dashboard, the view you see (OEE, Parts Goal, or Utilization) will be the default dashboard selected in the Dashboards section of the System Settings page. To access one of the other Performance Dashboard views, click the name of the dashboard (in the top right of the window) to display the dashboard pull-down menu, and click the name of the desired dashboard view.
Viewing Performance By Shift
By default, the Performance Dashboard views show all machine workcenters in the environment with performance shown by day. To change the Performance Dashboard so that it shows the performance of machines by work shift, click the By Day pull-down menu and select By Shift.
Once you have applied the change to view by shift, the Performance Dashboard will appear similar to the following figure.
Filtering Performance By Machine Group
By default, the Performance Dashboard views show all machine workcenters in the environment. You can filter the Performance Dashboard view so that it only shows the machines in a selected machine group, or see a performance comparison between all groups.
To do this, click the All Workcenters pull-down menu and select the group name you want to view or select All Groups to view performance by group.
Performance Dashboard Expanded View
The Performance Dashboard includes an expanded view capability that is useful if you are projecting the dashboard onto a large screen or just want a broad overview of the machine performance in your environment.
Expanding the Dashboard View
To expand the Performance Dashboard view, click the expansion arrows at the bottom right corner of the dashboard. Note that these arrows do not move as you scroll up and down the dashboard:
The view will expand to fill the browser window:
Returning to Normal Dashboard View
Click the view collapse arrows at the bottom right of the expanded view screen (highlighted above) to return to the normal view.
Performance Dashboard Information Layout
The Performance Dashboard presents the machines in your network as graphic "tiles" that are color-coded based on their performance compared to the goal for the selected view (OEE, Parts Goal, or Utilization). The following sections explain how the machine tiles are arranged in the dashboard and the information each tile provides about a machine.
Machine Tile Layout
The machine tiles are arranged in columns that show the machine performance and operating status for the current day or shift on the far left, followed by columns with the machine performance percentage for the preceding days or shifts.
Top Left Tile - Performance Average
The tile in the top left corner of the dashboard shows the average performance percentage for all machines in the selected view.
Current Machine Performance & Operating Status
The individual machine tiles on the far left column of the Performance Dashboard provide the following information:
- Tile color indicating machine performance compared to goal (see Machine Performance Goal Settings)
- Machine name
- Performance percentage for the current day or shift (depending on selected view)
- Job name
- Machine operating status and length of time in that status, including a graphic indicator bar with color indicating machine operating status (see Machine Operating Statuses and Indicators)
The following figure shows examples of individual machine tiles with the above information highlighted.
Prior Day/Shift Performance
The machine tiles in the Performance Dashboard for days/shifts preceding the current day/shift show only the performance percentage color-coded by performance compared to goal.
Machine Performance Goal Settings
System-wide machine performance goals for Parts Goal, OEE, and Utilization are set in the Dashboards section of the System Settings page. Job-specific performance goals for Parts Goal performance can also be specified in the Job settings. Machine-specific goals for Utilization performance can be set in the Workcenter settings.
Machine Performance Color Indicators
The background color of the machine tiles in the Performance Dashboard will change color depending on how the machine is performing (or performed on an earlier day/shift) in comparison to the performance goal. The machine tile background colors and their meaning in terms of machine performance are as follows:
- Green (Goal): Machine or machine group is operating (or operated) at or above the performance goal.
- Orange (Warning): Machine or machine group is operating (or operated) below the performance goal but above the failure threshold. Machine may not meet the performance goal.
- Red (Failure): Machine or machine groupt is operating (or operated) below the performance goal and below the performance warning threshold. Machine most likely will not meet the performance goal.
Machine Operating Statuses and Indicators
In the Performance Dashboard views for Parts Goal, OEE, and Utilization performance, each machine tile displays text indicating the current machine operating status and the amount of time that the machine has been in the current status. The current operating status of the machine is also visually indicated by the color of the left edge of the machine tile.
The possible machine operating statuses (and corresponding color codes) in the Parts Goal, OEE, and Utilization views of the Current Shift Dashboard views include:
- Active (Green): Machine is actively processing parts.
- Idle (Blue): Machine is functioning properly but is not processing parts.
- Setup (Yellow): Machine is in Setup stage in MachineMetrics.
- Not Reported (Grey): Machine is not responding to MachineMetrics communications.
- Error (Red): Machine is not processing parts because of an error condition.
Operating Status Indicators
The following figure shows examples of the operating status portion of a Performance Dashboard machine tile at each different operating status, with the status indicators and text highlighted.