The Part Corrections application enables users to correct known inaccuracies in machine part production, such as when initially non-conforming parts are later successfully finished, or parts that cannot be finished and must be scrapped but were not rejected in the tablet interface at the time of production. This article explains how to access and use the functions and capabilities of the Part Corrections application.
Topics covered in this article
This article contains the following topics:
- Accessing the Part Corrections Application
- Part Corrections Layout and Functions
Accessing the Part Corrections Application
You can access the Part Corrections application for a machine from the following locations in MachineMetrics:
- Machines List
- Overview page for an individual machine
The following sections explain how to access the Part Corrections application for a machine from each of these locations, assuming you are already logged in to MachineMetrics.
From the All Machines Page
To access the Part Corrections application from the All Machines page, do the following:
- From the Current Shift Dashboard page, click Machines from the main application menu to open the Machines List.
- Once on the Machines List dashboard either use the search box or navigate through the list to find the desired machine. Hover over the desired row and the Click the "ellipse" menu (---) associated with the machine you want to view, and select Part Corrections as highlighted below.
From the Machine Overview Page
To access the Part Corrections application from an individual machine page, do the following:
- Open the All Machines page as described in the preceding section.
- Click on the desired machine to view the Overview page for that machine.
- From the Overview page, click the application menu and select Part Corrections as highlighted below.
Part Corrections Layout and Functions
When a user first accesses the Part Corrections application page for a machine before any part corrections have been added (or if no corrections were added during the selected date/time range), the page will display as shown in the following figure.
Page View Functions
The following figure highlights the functions for modifying the Part Corrections application page view.
The page view functions for the Part Corrections application are described in the following sections.
Click this menu to select and view the Part Corrections application for a different machine.
Click this menu to access a different Machines application for the current machine.
View Date Range
Click the date/time menu field to open the calendar tool used to set the date range and from/to time for the part corrections you want to view. You can set the date range back one year from the current date, and you must click the Apply button to apply any date/time change to the application view.
Adding a New Part Correction
To add a new part correction for a machine, do the following:
- Access the Part Corrections application page for the machine that is to have the part correction added.
- Click the Add Correction button to open the Correction dialog.
- In the Correction dialog, enter the following information (see examples above):
- Count: Integer representing the number of parts to adjust the machine production run. Enter a positive integer to increase the part count, enter a negative integer to decrease the part count.
- Time: Enter the date and time of the machine production run that needs to have the part count correction.
- Message: Enter a message describing the reason for the part count correction.
- Click the Send button to apply the part correction to the machine. You can click the Close button if you want to close the Correction dialog without applying the correction. The following figure shows an example of a machine with both positive and negative corrections applied.
Finding and Removing Part Corrections
To find and remove existing part corrections that have already been added, do the following:
- Access the Part Corrections application page for the machine that is to have the part correction removed.
- Click the date/time menu field to open the calendar tool for the application.
- In the calendar tool, enter a date and time range that includes the part correction you want to remove. Click the Apply button to apply the view change.
- In the Part Corrections table, find the part correction you want to remove.
- Select the red X associated with that correction as highlighted in the figure below.
Reach out to us at email@example.com.