The Machine Groups Settings page allows you to create machine groups for display and reporting purposes. Using Groups, you can create a unique Dashboard for each group, and generate unique group-based reports.
How to get there:
To navigate to the Machine Groups Settings page, click Settings in the sidebar navigation and select Machine Groups from the list.
Topics covered in this article:
Choosing Machine Group Criteria
You can create groups based on any criteria you choose, such as machine product or part cells, company department, machine types, integration types, types of jobs/parts a given group of machines run, or simply the location of the machines on the shop floor. Different machine groups do not interfere or interact with one another, and individual machines can be part of more than one group.
For example, If you plan to have multiple monitors in different areas of your shop floor displaying your MachineMetrics Current Shift Dashboard, you can create different groups for the different cells of machines in each monitor location.
Creating Machine Groups
To create a new group, do the following:
- Click the Create New Group button to open the New Machine Group window.
- In the Group window, enter a group name that indicates the purpose and function of the group (machine cell name, machine type, job or part type, and so on) using a naming convention that is meaningful to your users.
- If you are connecting another system/application to MachineMetrics, you may want to enter a ERP ID as this can serve as a unique identifier for those 3rd party systems.
- Check the machines you want to include in the group.
- Select any unique downtime reasons that you want to apply to the group (optional). This step is optional but can be useful when your shop has different machines that have different behaviors and downtime reasons. If you do not check any specific downtime reasons, all downtime categories will remain available for the group.
- Click the Add Group button to create the group.