This article will walk you through the steps of restarting MTConnect, as well as provide a few additional settings to help prevent the need to do so again. The exact name of the service will vary depending on the exact control and service you are using.
Please Note: These instructions are only relevant for controls with Windows-based back ends that natively support MTConnect (example: Okuma and Mazak).
- Click on the windows button and type "services" into the search bar. Then click Services from the "Programs" section.
- MTConnect will likely be named something similar to MTC service or MTConnect service. Once you feel you have located MTConnect, click on it.
- This will open a dialog menu where you can either Start or Restart the service. If the service isn't running, start the service. If the service is running, restart the service.
- Next, from the same menu, click Properties.
- From the "Recovery" tab, set First failure, Second failure, and Subsequent failures, to Restart the Service.
- Click OK. Your service should now be running and will restart automatically in the future.
If you have any further questions, please contact email@example.com