Use this article to determine whether your machine will require the Mitsubishi M70 Integration.
Included in this article:
- When is the M70 Integration Necessary?
- What is required for the M70 Integration?
- Machine Connectivity
- Adding the Machine to your Dashboard
When is the M70 Integration Necessary?
Don’t confuse the Mitsubishi M70 integration type with the Citizen M700 integration type. Both are Mitsubishi M7-series controls, but they have different network protocols and require different adapters.
The Mitsubishi M70 integration applies to:
- Mitsubishi M7x controls only in non-Citizen machines
- Mitsubishi M8xx controls in all machines
- Citizen machines that use M8xx control e.g. Cincom D25 with M850W.
The Citizen M700 integration applies to:
- Citizen/Cincom machines with Mitsubishi M7x controls.
This is a Citizen-exclusive version of the Mitsubishi M7x control, with a different API and protocol from other Mitsubishi controls.
- Miyano machines with Mitsubishi M7x controls (these are sold and serviced by Cincom)
Follow this link for instructions on M700 integration: How to Integrate Citizen M700
What is Required for the M70 Integration?
The Mitsubishi M70 integration requires a MachineMetrics Virtual Machine (VM) (edge device, server, or VM) for data collection.
The Mitsubishi M70 integration also requires the Mitsubishi Communication Library software to be manually installed if you choose to use an Edge Device.
MachineMetrics Virtual Machine
For detailed instructions on how to set up a MachineMetrics VM, follow this link
How to install the Mitsubishi Communication Library (FCSB1224.exe)
Should you use an Edge Device as your VM, follow the instructions below to install the Mitsubishi Communication Library onto the Edge Device.
- On the Edge Device, navigate to the C:\MachineMetrics\AdapterStore folder.
- Locate the file FCSB1224.exe and run it as administrator.
- If that file does not exist, you'll need to either update to the current gateway software or...
- Download FCSB1224.exe (180MB!) from MachineMetrics via Amazon
- Take all the defaults except decline all the offers to install a USB driver (Jungo, etc.) - it's not needed.
- Open the Services app, locate any services named MM Mitsubishi-something and restart them.
How to install and update the Mitsubishi M70 adapter
Next, install the Mitsubishi M70 adapter on the Edge Device.
- On the Edge Device, download the following file:
- Rename the file to mm-install-mitsubishi.exe and move it to C:\MachineMetrics\AdapterStore. (Overwrite any existing file with that name)
- The install will take a minute or two, to confirm the update navigate to the MachineMetrics Dashboard (on any device).
- Click on the tile for a machine using the Mitsubishi M70 machine and click on the wrench icon to navigate to the Diagnostics page.
- Under the Device section, there should be an entry for Adapter Info that should say Mitsubishi...0.7.2.2
Please Note: The Mitsubishi M70 uses port 683 by default.
Depending on the make & model of your machine, the Mitsubishi control unit may be located in the control cabinet (behind the HMI screen), or in the main electrical cabinet. The RJ-45 (Ethernet) jack which transmits machine data is located on the control unit itself. Plug the network drop into this port.
Setting the network information (IP address, subnet, gateway) for the ethernet port will be the same regardless of the machine make/model. Follow these instructions to set the network information on the Mitsubishi control.
Adding the Machine to your Dashboard
Once you've configured the network settings on the machine, and plugged the network drop into the ethernet port on the Mitsubishi control unit, you can add the machine to your company dashboard. The Add Machine form is straightforward and self-explanatory - click this link for a step-by-step guide on how to add a machine.
Please reach out to us at firstname.lastname@example.org