Before starting this process, make sure you have the e-mail address and password you use to log in to this Chrome device as well as the name and password for your wireless network as this information will be deleted in the process.
To set up a Chromebox or Chromebit in Kiosk Mode:
- Log in to the device.
- In the bottom-righthand corner of the screen click on the clock and click on the "Settings" button from the pop-up menu.
- This will open the "Settings" menu, at the bottom of the menu click on "Show advanced settings..."
- Scroll to the bottom of the Settings menu and click on the "Powerwash" button.
- In the prompt that appears click the "Restart" button.
- After the device restarts, another prompt will appear. Click the "Powerwash" button and then the "Continue" button.
- Once the device is finished Powerwashing, it will restart. Select your wireless network from the dropdown list and connect using your wifi password.
- You will now be at a login screen. Before logging in, press Ctrl+Alt+K on your keyboard and enable kiosk mode from the prompt that appears.
- Now, log in to the device.
- Open a new tab in Chrome and navigate to chrome://extensions
- At the top of the page, check the box next to "Developer Mode".
- Click "Manage Kiosk Applications" button.
- If you are not viewing this article on the Kiosk device, open a new tab in Chrome and navigate to: http://bit.ly/2jvxGTY
- Copy and paste the following value into the "Add kiosk application" text box: afhcomalholahplbjhnmahkoekoijban (make sure there are no spaces before or after any of the characters) and click on the "Add" button. Kiosk should now appear in the list of Kiosk Applications, move your mouse over the logo for Kiosk and click on the "Set to auto-launch" button.
- Click on the "Done" button and close Chrome.
- In the bottom right corner of the screen, click on the clock to bring up the corner menu and click on the power button to shut down the device.
- Once the device is powered down, press any button on the keyboard to power it back on. Click on the "Confirm" button at the prompt to allow the Kiosk app to run automatically when the device starts. The device should now boot directly into kiosk mode and open the Kiosk app.
Configuring the Kiosk app:
- In the Content section, set the Content URL to: https://app.machinemetrics.com and press the "enter" key.
- In the Administration section, make sure "Local Administration" is checked and insert a username and password that can be distributed to anyone that may need to access this device.
- In the Scheduling section, keep all boxes unchecked and make sure Sleep Mode is set to "Prevent from Sleeping".
- Click the Save button at the bottom of the settings page. This will bring you to the MachineMetrics login page.
- Log in to MachineMetrics.
- Click on the fullscreen button in the bottom right-hand corner.
- If you want to return to this Administration console and make any changes, press Ctrl+A at any time.
- (Optional) If you want the kiosk to display a group of workcenters instead of the default display including all workcenters, click on the "All Workcenters" dropdown like you normally would to switch between groups. Mouse over the group you wish to display on this kiosk and right-click. Select "Copy Link Address". Press Ctrl+A and enter the username and password from step 2 above. In the content section of the menu, paste the url and press "Enter". Click on the save button on the bottom of the screen and that workcenter group should now be displayed by default.
If you have any further questions, please contact email@example.com
Article is closed for comments.