The Automatic Document Viewer allows you to display a document or Google Form that corresponds with an active Operation through the Operator Dashboard. Whenever you change operations on a machine, the Automatic Document Viewer can change documents to display something new based on the newly started operation.
Currently, the Automatic Document Viewer only functions with Google Drive.
Important: This feature is currently in beta and so may experience bugs
Topics covered in this article:
Authenticating your Google Drive
In order to start displaying your documents on the Operator Dashboard, the first thing that needs to be done is authenticate your Google Drive so MachineMetrics can access the documents.
Note: It is recommended that you create a new Google account for the document viewer
1. Navigate to the Labs page by clicking the Labs icon, the first icon at the top right of MachineMetrics. Click here for a direct link.
2. Find the "GoogleDrive" lab, then click on it.
3. Click the "Log in with Google" button and authenticate the Google account that has access to the documents you'd like to display.
4. If the authentication was successful, you should now see a "Work Instructions are successfully connected to your Google Drive account!" message.
You've now connected your Google Drive account! Next, let's configure a document to be displayed.
Configuring your Documents
PDFs, images, and text docs can all be displayed using the Automatic Document Viewer. To configure on to be displayed when a certain operation is running on a machine, follow these steps.
1. Open your Google Drive and select the document you'd like to display.
2. Click the Show Details "i" icon at the top right to expand the details of the document.
3. At the bottom of the details, click the pencil icon to edit the description.
4. In the description, add the Operation you'd like to display using any of the below formats.
displayName: Operation Display Name
The Operation Display Name is what appears in the "Name" column of the operations page. This is a combination of all fields used to identify an operation, such as Name, Operation, Lot, etc.
Name: Operation Name
The Operation name is whatever is entered into the "Name" field within the Operation's settings.
Adding the Custom Tab
Now we need to add a new tab to the Operator Dashboard.
1. Navigate to Settings > Operator Dashboard.
2. Scroll down to the "Manage Tabs" section and press the Add Tab button.
3. Give the new tab a name of your choosing, then copy and paste the below URL into the URL field.
4. Click the Save Changes button.
You can now open the Operator Dashboard on one of your machines and navigate to your new tab! Try starting the operation you configured a document for.
If your document does not appear, double-check the steps within the "Configuring your Documents" section of this article and confirm that the document is either a PDF, image, Google Form, or text document.