Users will be able to build downtime reports in the report builder. This allows for grouping by category as well as all of the other filters available to the report builder. The metrics will be limited to only the downtime-related metrics and have extra flexibility around the new grouping options and charts/graphs.
Topics covered in this article
Accessing the Downtime Report
To access the Operator Efficiency Report, follow these steps:
- Login to MachineMetrics. Once logged in, select the Reports tab:
- Hover over Reports in the main navigation, and select Report Builder from the drop-down menu as pictured below.
- Under the Selected Data section, select your Utilization and Downtime categories. For the example, we have selected Total Time, Total Downtime, Planned Downtime, and Unplanned Downtime.
- Under Group By, select up to three categories. The recommended categories are Downtime Category, Machine, Job Run.
- Within the Date Range, select the range of time that is desired for this report.
- Once all the parameters are selected, click Build Report.
- The Downtime Report will open as shown in the following section. Click "show chart" to view a visual of the report.
The Downtime report provides the following information over the selected time period (as shown below)
Waiting: When viewing this report, a production shop has visability to see when "waiting" has occurred. Waiting refers to time that is spent when product is slowed or completely stopped.
Lean metrics visablity: When looking at these metrics, extracting the reasons why waiting is occuring because clearer. For example, a CNC Machine A may have a total downtime higher than CNC Machine B. This may because CNC Machine A has a new operator, is running a difficult part, or has another identified trigger. Once the reason is clear, a supervisor/manager can make the neccessary adjustments to reduct downtime