The Operator Efficiency Report provides machine performance data categorized by operator. Generating this report can give helpful insight on performance and downtime occurring as well as identify areas where an operator may need additional support, training, or where operational changes can be made to better support the operators who run the machines. For example, you may want to consult an operator on their process if they have the machines they are running have low utilization and make changes accordingly.
Topics covered in this article
Access the Operator Efficiency Report
To access the Operator Efficiency Report, follow these steps:
- Login to MachineMetrics. Once logged in, the Dashboards module will open to the default view of the Current Shift Dashboard as shown below.
- Hover over Reports in the main navigation, and select Report Builder from the drop-down menu as pictured below.
- Under the Selected Data section, select your primary machine metric. For example, your primary machine metric can include utilization, parts, or performance.
- After choosing your Selected Data, select Group By and click Operator and Day.
- Within the Date Range, select the range of time that is desired for this report.
- Once all the parameters are selected, click Build Report.
- The Operator Utilization Report will open as shown in the following section.
Note: Selecting Show Chart will allow you to view a graph with all shop operators and their % of Utilization.
The Operator Efficiency Report provides the following information over the selected time period (as shown below):
Machine Performance by Operator: Pulling this report will allow you to see machine performance (Utilization) categorized by which Operator is running the machine. Utilization percentage is the metric that evaluates the percentage of time a given machine is operating. This may be a useful metric for the following reasons:
- Understanding which operators are struggling/over-performing
- Bridging the gap between low/high utilization percentage
Reduction of Operator Downtime: Resolving operator-based downtime events and alarms faster can lead to improved machine uptime and improved operator experience.
For more information on how you can measure and apply report data, visit our article on Use Case: Faster Downtime and Alarm Resolution.
Article is closed for comments.