Production Runs represent a period of time when a Operation is running on a machine and can include a combination of Activity types. For example, a Production Run can include periods of Setup and Production along with times when the Operation was Paused. The Production Runs page allows you to see, edit, and add Production Runs.
This version of the Production Runs page is specific to those customers running Activities, a new architecture for MachineMetrics. Learn more about Activities visit Activities Overview.
Topics covered in this article
How to get there:
Log in to MachineMetrics > Production > select Production Runs
Add a Production Run
There are two reasons why you would create a new Production Run using the Add New Production Run form:
- If an Operator forgets to start a Production from the tablet, you can use this form to create a Production Run that already occurred.
- You can use this form to create a Production Run that starts now.
In order to create a Production Run, you will need to know:
- What Production was or will be running
- What Machine it will run on
- What standards we should use to grade the performance of the Production Run.
Steps to Add Production Run
1. From the main Production Runs Page, you will see a list of your current Production Runs and an Production Production Run button. To create a new Production Run, select Add Production Run.
2. From this page, you can enter the required information to configure the Production Run, including:
- The Production that this Production Run is associated with
- The Machine the Production Run ran/will run on
- Additional settings and thresholds for the Production Run including: Expected Part-Time, Ideal Part-Time, how Parts will be counted, and if Setup will be tracked.
3. Next, you will configure the Activities for the Production Run. Because Activities must account for all time, if the end time of one Activity is not the start time of the next Activity, the system will log this as Production Paused.
4. To add an Activity, select Add Activity.
5. Select the type of Activity you would like to add, and then configure the requested details before selecting Create Production Run, as shown below:
Learn more about Pausing and Resuming Production here:
How to Pause and Resume Operation (Production)
Editing an Existing Production Run
If an Operator forgets to Start or End a Production Run, you can easily go into that Production run and edit the details.
To Edit a Production Run, select a Production Run from your list, make the desired edits, and then select Save Changes.
How do Operators Engage with Production Runs?
Operators create new Production Runs when they use the Operator Dashboard to start, stop, and pause Operations. To learn more about how Operators do this, visit the document below:
Reach out to us at Support@machinemetrics.com.
Please sign in to leave a comment.