The Production Report is a useful tool to see Production data from your factory. Although this is an out-of-the-box report that MachineMetrics provides, you can also build it in the Report Builder which allows for more customization. This article will detail how to obtain the data from the standard Production Report using the Report Builder.
Topics covered in this article
Building the Production Report in the Report Builder
First, on your company dashboard navigate to Reports > Report Builder. You will then see the blank template, as well as the controls on the left side.
Next, to build the standard Production Report, you'll want to choose Select All for each section in the Selected Data tab.
Note: In this example, the controls panel is displaying the collapsed view to show all sections of data that can be selected.
As the standard Production Report is grouped by Job and then Machine, in the Group By tab, you will select Job and Machine for the grouping.
Note: The group by tab is hierarchical, so the order in which they are selected determines the order in which they are displayed in the report.
After you select Build Report in the upper right of the screen, the report displayed will include all of the data that is in the standard Production Report. From here you can customize this report to display the data that you find interesting and useful for your operations. You can also select Show Charts to see the data visualized.
To save this report and share it with your team, visit the Save and Load Reports section of our Report Builder article.
Watch a Tutorial
Below, you will find a step-by-step tutorial to guide you through this process in the product.
1. Let's build the Production Report using the Report Builder! Hover over Reports and select Production Report Builder.
2. To build the Production Report in the Report Builder, first you will Click Select All for all selected data groups.
3. Scroll down, and click Select All until all data groups are selected.
4. Keep going!
5. A few more..
7. Last one!
8. Now you will select Group By to choose how you would like to group the report.
9. Within the Production Report, you can choose to group by Machine, Job, or Operator. For this example, let's group by Machine.
10. and Operator
11. Now, select the date range you would like to include in this report.
12. Choose Last Week for this example.
13. Let's Build the Report!
14. Selecting the arrow will allow you to expand each item in your list.
15. To save this report for later or to share with your team, select Save Report
16. Let's give the report a name.
17. Name this report "Production Report" and click enter.
18. Choose your visibility. Selecting Private will make it only visible to you. Selecting Public will allow others in your organization to see the report, but only you can make edits.
19. Click Save to finish this tutorial!
Here's an interactive tutorial
If you have any questions please reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org for assistance.