It is not necessary to purchase your tablets through MachineMetrics. If a customer has tablets already available, or would prefer to purchase tablets through a 3rd party, it is possible to deploy these tablets as part of their MachineMetrics implementation. However, before 3rd party tablets can be used to monitor machines, each tablet will need to be upgraded with the necessary KB Remote software and enable Samsung Knox.
(Kiosk Browser) is the software that allows MachineMetrics to remotely view, diagnose, and update your tablets.
Is the security software that allows KB remote to monitor your tablets through a secure connection.
These updates also improve your daily user experience by improving the performance and stability on every tablet.
Important! If you are not using a brand new, out-of-the-box tablet, you will need to do a Factory Reset on the tablet before starting this provisioning process. Please be aware that a Factory Reset will erase any data and applications stored on a tablet. Your tablet will revert to the state it was in when it was newly purchased. Please Make certain that you have exported any important data or information off the tablet and that you are comfortable with the tablet being 'wiped clean' before proceeding with the next steps listed in this article.
Important! This article assumes that the reader is provisioning an Android Tablet. MachineMetrics is not yet compatible with open source tablets. A tablet needs to be running Android 6.0 at a minimum, though 8.0 or above is recommended. A provisioned tablet needs to be capable of running Google Play Services, as this is what allows MachineMetrics to install KB Remote.
Provisioning Tablets Using a QR Code
The quickest and easiest method for provisioning 3rd party tablets is by using the QR Code located in this article. This article will walk you through the entire provisioning process, which you will need to complete before moving on to authorizing your tablets so that they will be recognized within your MachineMetrics account.
- Turn on your tablet. The first screen you will see should say "Let's Go!" Once you see this message, tape on the screen 6 times in quick succession.
- Tapping on the screen 6 times enables the tablet's camera. Take the camera and point it at the below QR code:
- Once the QR code is scanned, you will need to log onto your preferred WiFi network.
- Once you have successfully connected to your wireless network, press 'next.' You will now see a screen which says Set Up Your Device. Click 'Accept and Continue' to Install Google and Samsung Knox.
- The next screen will say check out some info to get started. Once you have checked off that you have read and agree to all of the above, click 'next.'
- You will now see a screen which says Setting up Work Device.
- Once the setup is complete, you will be jumped to a green Permission Required screen.
- From this screen, click the white, bottom right arrow on the green section of the tablet. This will jump you to a white screen where you can allow the MachineMetrics Application to change the system settings on the tablet. Click the dial so that it turns blue, as seen in the image below. Once you have allowed permission, click the bottom right arrow button.
- You will now be presented with a second green screen that is again stating Permission Required. Once again click on the white, bottom right arrow on the green section of the tablet.
- This will jump you to a white screen where you can allow MachineMetrics Tablet View permission to display on top of other apps you are using. Click the dial so that it turns blue, as seen in the image below. Once you have allowed permission, click the bottom right arrow button.
- You will now be in back at a third green screen that says Date & Time. Click the bottom white arrow once again.
- This will jump you to a white screen where you can set the devices date and time. Click the dial next to 'Automatic date and time' until it turns blue, as shown in the image below, then once again click the bottom right arrow button.
- You will now be jumped back to a 4th and final green screen. This one will read 'Google Account.' This time, you will want to hit 'skip' in the bottom left hand corner.
- Once you hit skip, you will have completed provisioning your tablet for use with MachineMetrics. You will be taken to a screen with the MachineMetrics logo and a button that says 'Authorize Tablet.'
- Once you are on the Authorize screen, tap the screen 4 times in quick succession. You a dialog window will appear and ask you to enter a password. Enter password '1234'. If this does not work, enter password '0000.' This allows you to escape the lock put on the tablet so that you can make some final adjustment to the tablet settings.
- Swipe down from the top of the tablet. You will be presented with a menu of different buttons. Ensure that location services is turned off. Yeah. Then turn the brightness up all the way; to the end of the red part of the brightness bar. Once you have adjusted these two settings, you have finished prepping your tablet and can safely return to the 'Authorize Tablet' screen.
The next necessary step is to Authorize your tablet. Authorization is what associates the tablet with your unique MachineMetrics account. The process is quick and easy and you can find a detailed walkthrough by clicking on the link below:
If you experience any difficulties or have any additional questions, please contact email@example.com