The Instructions application provides the capability to add instructions and attach instructional documents to support preventative maintenance tasks. Instructions must be added in this application before they will be available for selection in the Preventative Maintenance application. This article explains how to use the Instructions application to add and update instructions.
This article covers the following topics.
Accessing the Instructions Application
You can access the Instructions application from the MachineMetrics Health applications menu as follows:
- Select Health from the MachineMetrics main menu. The Alarms application page will display as shown in the example below.
- Click the application pull-down menu and select Instructions as highlighted below.
- The Instructions application page will display listing all instructions that have been added. If no tasks have been created and scheduled, the page will display "No instructions have been created yet" as shown below.
To add instructions that can be used to support a Preventative Maintenance task, do the following:
- From the Instructions application page, click the Add button.
- In the Instructions // Create page, complete the required information as follows:
- Name: Text entry field used to enter the name of the task that the instructions cover or the title of the instructional document.
- Description: Text entry field that can be used to provide the maintenance task instructions or to reference an attached document that contains the instructions.
- Attachments: Users can click on this field and upload a document or drag and drop a document that contains maintenance task instructions.
The following figure shows an example of a completed Instructions Create page for adding a Hanwha XD20H Maintenance Manual.
- When the required information is complete, click the Create button at the bottom of the page. The system will return to the Instructions application page with the new instructions added as shown in the following example of the "Hanwha XD20H Maintenance Manual" instructions.
- Once instructions have been added, they will be available for selection in the Preventative Maintenance application.
To update the instructions with a new version, click on an instructions entry in the Instructions / All page to open the Instructions // Edit page for the selected instructions. In the Edit page, you can update the Name and Description fields, and remove and replace any attached documents in the Attachments field.