The MachineMetrics Quality Report provides data on parts that were rejected during Jobs run over a selected time period to help you understand the most common reason parts are being rejected as well as identify the machines that are rejecting the most parts.
Accessing the Quality Report
To access the Quality Report, do the following:
- Login to MachineMetrics. Once logged in, the Dashboards module will open to the default view of the Current Shift Dashboard.
- Hover over Reports in the main navigation and select Quality from the drop-down menu as pictured below.
- The Quality Report will open as shown in the following section.
Quality Report Information Layout
The Quality Report provides the following information:
- Rejected Parts Pareto: Pareto bar chart that shows the number of rejected parts by the reason for rejection.
- Rejects: Table that provides the data on all rejected parts by the time of occurrence, including machine, Job, part count, reason, message, and type of rejection.
- Rejects By Machine: Table that provides part rejection data on all machines that have had rejected parts.
The following figure shows the Quality Report information layout (Rejects By Machine not shown).
Adjusting Rejected Parts Retroactively
There are times when parts may be inspected after production by a quality management team. If this is the case, or you simply need to go back in and add or remove rejected parts after the job has run, you can do that very easily.
Navigate to the Quality page for the individual Machine of interest. There are two ways to get there, which are both outlined below:
Hover over Reports in the main navigation and select Quality from the dropdown.
Select a Machine from your list, as shown below:
Select as shown below to get to the Quality page for the individual Machine.
Select Machines from the main navigation
Find the Machine of interest, and select the ellipsis (...), then Quality
Both of these routes will take you to the Quality page for the individual Machine of interest where you can add new Rejects.
Once you arrive on the Quality page for the Machine, select Add Reject
This will open a form where you can enter the necessary information to log the rejected part(s). Enter a positive number to add to the rejected parts. If too many parts were rejected and later found to be good parts upon inspection, a negative number can be entered to correct the count.
Note: If the Remove from Good Parts box is checked, the number of rejected parts entered will be subtracted from the 'good parts' count. If it is left unchecked, the number of good parts will remain the same.
Reach out to Support@machinemetrics.com