The Production Report provides a wide variety of machine manufacturing metrics that enable you to view and analyze the Job production by machines for all the Jobs that were run over a selected time period. This article explains the metrics available and information layout of the Production Report, and how to use the Production Report functions and capabilities.
This article contains the following topics:
- Accessing the Production Report
- Production Report Information Layout and Functions
- Information and Functions in the Production Report
- Production Report Metrics
- Choosing Report Metrics to Display
- Choosing to View Production for Selected Shifts
- Choose to View Production for Selected Machine Groups
- Choosing Job or Machine Report Grouping Order
- Setting the Report Date Range
- Sorting Report Data By Selected Metric
- Opening Detailed Job & Machine Production Reports
Accessing the Production Report
To access the Production Report, do the following:
- Login to MachineMetrics. Once logged in, the Dashboards module will open to the default view of the Current Shift Dashboard.
- Click the Reports main menu item and the Production Report will open.
Production Report Information Layout and Functions
The Production Report presents Job and machine production data for the available metrics over a selected time period. This section explains:
- Information presented and available functions in the Production Report
- Production metrics available in the report
- How to access the detailed Job and machine production reports
- How to change the report metrics and view
Information and Functions in the Production Report
By default, the Production Report presents Job and machine production data for all available metrics, all shifts and all machines for all Jobs that have run during the selected date range. In the production report, you can:
- Choose Metrics: Change the metrics that the report displays.
- Choose Shifts: Change the report view to show only selected shifts.
- Choose Groups: Change the report view to show only selected machine groups.
- Choose Grouping Order: Choose whether the report should display records grouped first by Job or by machine.
- Set Date Range: Select the date range the report should cover.
- Sort By Metric: Sort the report data in ascending or descending order by a selected metric.
- Open Job & Machine Reports: Access the page with detailed Job and machine production reports.
The following figure highlights the information layout and available functions in the Production Report. The following sections present the available metrics in the Production Report and explain how to use the report functions.
Production Report Metrics
The Production Report in MachineMetrics provides a large number of metrics that enable you to analyze and evaluate machine production for the Jobs that have run over a selected time period. The following sections list the available metrics by the most closely associated production performance category. You can choose any combination of these metrics to display in your Production Report.
The metrics available in the Production Report related to machine utilization for a completed Job include:
- Utilization Rate
- Time In Cycle
- Total Time
The metrics available in the Production Report related to machine downtime for a completed Job include:
- Total Downtime
- Planned Downtime
- Unplanned Downtime
The metrics available in the Production Report related to machine production effectiveness for a completed Job include:
- OEE (Overall Equipment Effectiveness)
- OOE (Overall Operations Effectiveness)
- TEEP (Total Effective Equipment Performance)
- Reject Rate
- Scrap Rate
- Non-Conform Rate
The metrics available in the Production Report related to machine part production for a completed Job include:
- Total Parts
- Good Parts
- Parts Rejected
- Parts Scrapped
- Parts Non-Conforming
- Expected Parts
The metrics available in the Production Report related to machine production efficiency for a completed Job include:
- Production Efficiency
- Total Part Time
- Actual Part Time
- Average PPH
- Ideal PPH
- Expected PPH
- Expected Part Time
- Ideal Part Time
- Total Setup
- Expected Setup
Job Run Times
The metrics available in the Production Report related to machine run times for a completed Job include:
- First Start Time
- Last End Time
Choosing Report Metrics to Display
By default, the Production Report displays all available production metrics. This may not always be desired, such as when you want to focus on a particular aspect of production such as utilization or performance. You can change the Production Report so that it only displays the data for the metrics you want to see. For example, if you wanted to change the Production Report so that it focused on the key metrics related to Job and machine performance, you could do the following:
- Click the Select Columns button in the top right corner of the Production report (beneath the Apply button):
- In the Select Columns dialog, click the red "minus" icon associated with all metrics in the Included section except for the key metrics that interest you. This will move the unneeded metrics to the Excluded section of the dialog.
- Put the Included key metric columns in the desired order for the report. To do this, click on a column name and drag it to the desired position in the column order. When complete for this "performance" example, the Select Columns dialog would look similar to the following:
- To apply the new Production Report layout, click the Save Changes button at the bottom of the dialog:
- The Production Report will then display with data only for the key metrics you selected, similar to the following:
Choosing to View Production for Selected Shifts
By default, the Production Report shows job and machine production for all work shifts. Click the Filter Shifts pull-down menu, select the desired shifts, and click the Apply button to change the report view to show the utilization data for only the selected shifts.
Choose to View Production for Selected Machine Groups
By default, the Production Report shows production data for all machines in the environment. To show the production for only selected machine groups, click the All Machine Groups pull-down menu, select the desired machine groups, and click the Apply button to change the report view.
Choosing Job or Machine Report Grouping Order
By default, the Production Report displays its results by Job, then any machines that have run that Job. You can also have the Production Report display the results by machine, then any jobs that machine has run. To change from the default Job then Machine setting, click Job under the Group By heading and then select Machine.
When the menu displays Group By / Machine then Job, click the Apply button. The report should then display records grouped first by machine then by their associated jobs as shown below.
If the Operator Insight feature is enabled, you can choose to display results grouped by two of the three criteria: Job, Machine, and Operator.
Setting the Report Date Range
Click either of the dates in the top right of the report view to select the date range you want the report to cover, and click the Apply button to apply the change.
Sorting Report Data By Selected Metric
Click the column heading for any metric to sort the table in ascending or descending order based on the data for that metric. Click once for ascending, twice for descending, and three times to remove the sort. The following example shows the table sorted in descending order by Utilization Rate.
Opening Detailed Job & Machine Production Reports
From the main Production Report, you can open the detailed production report for that Job. From the detailed Job production report, you can open the detailed production report for the machine(s) that ran the Job.
Detailed Job Production Report
The Job names in the main Production Report are links to the detailed Job production report. Click on a Job name and the detailed Job production report will open similar to the following example for Job ABU448-1 100642:
The detailed Job production report presents the following information:
- Parts Goal and OEE summary data for the Job
- Totals for Setup time, In Cycle time, and Downtime, with a pie chart graphic illustration
- Machine performance table listing all machines that ran the Job
- Rejected Parts Pareto showing bar chart for all rejected parts with the reasons why they were rejected
- Downtime Pareto showing minutes of downtime by reason
- OEE summary table (shown below, not shown above)
Detailed Machine Job Production Report
Clicking on the Machine row for a machine in the detailed Job production report will display the detailed Job production report for that machine. The machine Job production report format and layout is the same as the Job production shown in the preceding section. And, if only one machine ran the Job, then the report data will be the same as the detailed Job production report. However, clicking on the Machine row for a machine in the Job production report activates a machine- and Job-specific Go to menu in the top-right of the Machine table of the report that allows you to directly access the following:
- Job Run settings dialog for the specific instance that the machine ran the Job.
- Timeline Dashboard showing downtime and uptime for the machine and allowing you to categorize downtime.
- Quality Report for the machine showing a Rejected Parts Pareto and table listing all parts rejected and the rejection reasons.
- Cycles page for the machine showing a Cycles histogram and table listing all cycles run by the machine over the selected time period.