The Utilization Report provides a collection of reports and interactive reporting tools that enable you to view and analyze machine utilization from a variety of perspectives. This article explains utilization reporting in MachineMetrics, the information layout of the Utilization Report views, and how to use the functions and capabilities of the Utilization Report tools.
Topics covered in this article
This article contains the following topics:
- Utilization Reporting in MachineMetrics
- Accessing the Utilization Report
- Utilization Report Information Layout
- Utilization Report for a Machine Group
- Utilization Report for Individual Machines
Utilization Reporting in MachineMetrics
Broadly defined, machine utilization in MachineMetrics is the percentage of available production time during a selected time period that a machine was operating to process materials. Machine utilization data may be presented in the MachineMetrics Utilization Report for the following utilization-related components:
- In-Cycle: Percentage of the selected production time period that the machine reported to MachineMetrics as being in-cycle.
The following Utilization related components are available in the Report Builder and for an individual machine Utilization report.
- Spindle-Rotating: Percentage of the selected production time period the machine reported to MachineMetrics that its spindle was rotating.
- In-Cut: Percentage of the selected production time period the machine reported to MachineMetrics that it was cutting material.
Learn more about Utilization reports in the Report Builder.
Some machines do not have the capability to report on all of these metrics. MachineMetrics will report utilization by each of these components for machines that provide the data.
Accessing the Utilization Report
The Utilization Report, for all machines, can be accessed from the Reports Landing Page, or for an individual machine from individual machine pages and the Current Shift Dashboard.
From the Reports Landing Page
To access the Utilization Report from the Reports Landing page, do the following:
- Login to MachineMetrics. The default view of the Machines List will open.
- Click on Reports in the main navigation
- Select the Utilization report tile as shown
Note: Accessing the Utilization Report for an Individual Machine
Utilization Report Information Layout
The Utilization Report allows you to view machine utilization data over a selected time period from the following perspectives.
- All Machines: Utilization for all machines in the environment
- Shifts: Utilization by shift for all machines
- Machine Group: Utilization for a selected machine group
- Machines: Utilization for individual machines
Utilization Line Charts
Each utilization report view provides a line chart tool that shows utilization % over time for the selected view. The time scale granularity of the report can also be changed to find the most useful view of the line chart.
The Utilization Report for Individual Machines can show trend lines for all three utilization components. The line chart views available in the individual machine report include the following:
- All Utilization Components:
- Utilization % (In-Cycle)
Note: The Utilization Report for All Machines and Utilization Report for Machine Groups only provide line chart views of the Utilization %.
Utilization Report Tables
Below the line chart, the Utilization Report provides tables with summary utilization data for the following:
- Machine Groups (Only available on all machines or machine groups utilization report)
The following sections present examples of each of these tables and the information and functions they provide.
The Shifts table lists utilization percentage by shift for the selected time range. This table is present in all Utilization Report views.
Machine Groups Summary
The Machine Groups Summary table lists the utilization percentage by machine group for the selected time range. You can click on any machine group in the table to filter the report to that machine group.
The Machines Summary table lists the utilization percentages by individual machines for the selected time range. You can click on any machine in the table to view the utilization report for that machine.
Utilization Report for All Machines
The following figure shows an example of the Utilization Report for All Machines.
The Utilization Report contains the following:
Page Filters and Controls
- Date Range Picker
- Group-By Filter
- Shift Filter
- Machine Group Filter (Only available on all machines utilization report)
- Machine Filter (Only available on all machines utilization report)
- Line chart view of the In-Cycle Utilization % for all machines in the environment
- Shifts table with utilization data by shift for all machines
- Machine Groups Summary table with utilization data for all machine groups
- Machine Summary table with utilization summary data for all individual machines in the environment
Utilization Report for a Machine Group
You can access the utilization report for a single machine group from the All Machines report. To access a machine group report, scroll down to the Machine Groups Summary table in the All Machines report and click on the machine group you want to view.
Utilization Report for Individual Machines
The following figure shows an example of the Utilization Report for an individual machine. You can access the utilization report for a single machine from the All Machines report.
Accessing the Utilization Report for an Individual Machine
To access a machine utilization report, scroll down to the Machines Summary table in the All Machines Utilization report and click on the machine you want to view.
An individual machine’s utilization report can also be accessed from the Current Shift Dashboard - Utilization View by clicking the tile for the selected machine and clicking Reports or by accessing individual machine pages and using the drop-down to select the utilization report.
Individual Machine Utilization Report Contents
The Utilization Report view for individual machines contains the following:
- Utilization component summary data graphic (see figure below)
- Line chart view of In-cycle, Spindle-Rotating, and In-Cut utilization components for the machine
- Shifts table with utilization data for the machine by shift
- Machines Summary table with utilization summary data for the machine
Please sign in to leave a comment.