The machine operator interface to MachineMetrics is provided through a tablet PC that is assigned to and co-located with each machine in the environment. The settings for the MachineMetrics tablet interface are initially provisioned during the installation and integration of your MachineMetrics environment. This article describes the available functions and capabilities to manage individual tablet settings after your MachineMetrics environment is up and running.
Topics covered in this article
This article covers the following topics.
- Tablet Knowledge Resources
- Accessing the Tablet Settings Page
- Tablets Page Information Layout and Functions
- Viewing and Managing Tablet Settings
Tablet Knowledge Resources
This article describes the settings and functions available for managing individual tablets that are found in the Tablets application page in the Settings module. Other knowledge articles in the MachineMetrics knowledge base cover the following tablet-related topics:
- Operator Tablet Interface: The Operator Tablet Interface knowledge article explains how Executive and Manager users can access and use the operator tablet interface view, as well as explaining the information and functions that the interface provides.
- System-Wide Tablet Settings: The System knowledge article explains the system-wide tablet settings found in the Machine View section of the System page in the Settings module.
- Authorizing a Tablet: How Do I Authorize a Tablet? describes how to authorize a MachineMetrics tablet when you turn it on and connect to MachineMetrics for the first time.
- Tablet Troubleshooting: The Tablet Troubleshooting knowledge article describes how to restart and refresh a tablet to address certain tablet issues. This article also provides an attachment with the documentation that explains how to update KB remote and Android Knox tablet software so you can remotely update and diagnose non-MachineMetrics tablets.
The remainder of this article describes the functions and capabilities of the Tablets application page used to view and manage individual tablet settings.
Accessing the Tablet Settings
To access the Operator Dashboard application page, do the following:
- Login to MachineMetrics and select Settings in the main navigation and select Tablets.
- The Operator Dashboard page will load. Scroll down to the section Authorized Tablets.
Tablets Page Information Layout and Functions
The Tablets page displays all tablets provisioned and authorized through MachineMetrics. These can be tablets provided by MachineMetrics or tablets provided by your company that have the required KB Remote and Android Knox software installed. Non-MachineMetrics tablets or other PCs that are used to display the operator interface but that do not have the required software will not display on this page.
The following figure shows the Tablets page with the key information and functions highlighted.
Remote Identifier (Tablet Serial #)
The Remote Identifier column in the Tablets table lists the serial number of each tablet that has been provisioned and authorized in the MachineMetrics environment. The tablet serial number is automatically retrieved by MachineMetrics as part of the authorization process and cannot be changed.
Machine (Assigned Machine)
The Machine column in the Tablets table lists the machine to which each tablet has been assigned. If no machine reassignment has been done, the machine name displayed will be the machine that was selected when the tablet was authorized. If Machine Switching is enabled in the MachineMetrics environment, the Machine column may display "Any Machine" if that option was selected when the tablet was authorized or selected later in the Tablet dialog for that tablet.
Any Machine and Machine Switching
The Machine Switching feature enables operators to switch from the tablet operator interface for the currently assigned machine to view the operator interface for a different machine in the environment. Enabling and disabling the Machine Switching feature is done in the Machine View section of the Settings / System application, which is accessible from the Tablets page through the application menu described above.
If the Machine Switching feature is not enabled, the machine operator cannot change the tablet from the currently assigned machine, and reassigning the tablet to a different machine must be done in the Tablet page as described in Viewing and Managing Tablet Settings.
Refresh All (Button)
The Refresh All button located in the top right of the Tablets page is used to apply changes made to MachineMetrics system or account settings to all tablets. For example, you might make changes such as adding new downtime categories, quality categories, or operator names, or enabling or disabling Machine Switching. When you make these kinds of changes, the easiest way to ensure the changes you made are applied to all tablets is to click the Refresh All button.
Viewing and Managing Tablet Settings
To view and manage the settings for an individual tablet, click anywhere on the row for that tablet in the Tablets table. The Tablet dialog will open for the tablet as shown in the following figure. The function and use of this dialog are described in the following sections.
Display-only field that displays the serial number of the tablet as described in Remote Identifier (Tablet Serial #).
Option that allows the assigned machine Any Machine to be selected if Machine Switching is enabled.
Click this button to refresh the tablet machine view. Refreshing the tablet view may address issues such as if the browser-based interface becomes unresponsive for some reason.
Click this button to restart the MachineMetrics application on the tablet. Restarting the application may address issues that may not be addressed by refreshing the tablet, or you may be directed to do so by MachineMetrics support.
Click this button to remove the tablet from the MachineMetrics environment.
Click this button to close the Tablet dialog without saving any changes you have made. When you click this button, the button will change to a Discard Changes? button to allow you to confirm that you want to cancel the changes.
Save Changes (Button)
Click this button to apply the changes you made to the Tablet settings. Changes will immediately be applied to the operator tablet interface.