The 'Operators' page allows you to add the names of the machine operators in your company to implement the MachineMetrics Operator Insight feature. The Operators page will not be visible in the MachineMetrics Settings menu unless the Operator Insight feature is enabled.
This article includes the following topics:
- Implementing the Operator Insight Feature
Implementing the Operator Insight Feature
Implementing the MachineMetrics Operator Insight feature successfully requires the following actions:
- Your company makes a specific request to your MachineMetrics Customer Success Manager to enable the Operator Insight feature.
- An Executive or Manager user in your company adds the names of your operators in the Operators page.
- Every operator logs in to the MachineMetrics tablet located at their machine at some point during each shift that they work.
The remaining topics of this article present the considerations and related tasks involved in Operator Insight implementation.
Operator Insight Considerations
Some considerations when implementing the MachineMetrics Operator Insight feature include:
- Operator Insight is not enabled by default. The Operators and Operator Runs pages will not be available in the MachineMetrics System Settings menu unless your company has made a specific request to MachineMetrics to enable the Operator Insight feature.
- An Operator Name is not a MachineMetrics user account. Operators have no user password or email requirement to log in, and have no access to MachineMetrics features and functions. The Operators feature is only a way for MachineMetrics to assign a name to a machine and job based on the time the operator signed in.
- An operator must login and login correctly to be tracked. Operator login mistakes can happen such as the operator forgetting to sign in or signing in under the wrong operator name. If this happens, a MachineMetrics Executive or Manager user can use the Operator Runs feature to add a new operator run or edit an existing operator run to correct such mistakes.
How to Add Operators
To add operators to your MachineMetrics environment, do the following:
To navigate to the 'Operators' page, hover over Settings in the main navigation and select Operators from the application pull-down menu as shown below.
- In the Operators page, click the Add Operator button.
- In the Operator dialog, enter the operator name and click the Save Changes button.
- The operator name will be added to the Operators table and will be available immediately in all MachineMetrics tablets for selection upon operator login.
Using Operator Dashboard 2.0? Find more information on Operator login below:
Operator Dashboard 2.0
Operator Naming Considerations
For operator names, you can enter whatever makes the most sense for your company. You can enter an operator's full name, last name, employee ID number, operator number, or any naming convention appropriate for your operators. The following should be considered when adding operator names:
- All operator names must be unique. Larger shops may need to use more than just first or last name or a number/ID system to avoid duplicate operator names.
- The naming convention should be consistent. For example, all operators must use their first initial and last name, or all must use their first and last name, or all must use their employee ID, and so on.
- Operator names must be communicated to operators so that they know the sign-in name they must use.
Archiving Operator Names
You cannot delete operator names, but you can archive them so that they are removed from the MachineMetrics operator sign-in system. To archive an operator name, click on the operator name entry in the Operators table and click the Archive button in the Operator dialog.
Displaying Archived Operator Names
To display operator names that have been archived, click the Include Archived button above the Operators table.
Operator Login/Logout Process
Using Operator Dashboard 2.0? Visit the article below:
For the Operator Insight function to work, operators must log in to the MachineMetrics tablet located at their current machine at some point during their shift. The operator login/logout process is as follows:
- The operator selects the menu at the bottom left of the screen, then they will choose Select User.
- The operator is presented with a list of the operator names that have been added in the Operators page:
- The operator clicks their name and is presented with a Login screen similar to the following:
- The operator can click the LOGIN NOW button, which will set their login timestamp to the time they click the button, or the LOGIN AS OF [TIME] to set their login timestamp to the start of their shift.
- Once logged in, the operator name will display at the bottom center of the MachineMetrics tablet screen:
- The operator will be automatically logged out by MachineMetrics at the end of their shift.