The 'Operators' page allows you to add the names of the machine operators in your company to implement the MachineMetrics Operator Tracking feature. The Operators page will not be visible in the MachineMetrics Settings menu unless the Operator Tracking feature is enabled.
Implementing the Operator Tracking Feature
Implementing the MachineMetrics Operator Tracking feature successfully requires the following actions:
- Your company makes a specific request to your MachineMetrics Customer Success Manager to enable the Operator Tracking feature.
- An Executive or Manager user in your company adds the names of your operators in the Operators page.
- Every operator logs in to the MachineMetrics tablet located at their workcenter at some point during each shift that they work.
This article covers the following topics related to Operator Tracking implementation:
Operator Tracking Considerations Back to Top
Some considerations when implementing the MachineMetrics Operator Tracking feature include:
- An Operator Name is not a MachineMetrics user account. Operators have no user password or email requirement to log in, and have no access to MachineMetrics features and functions. The Operators feature is only a way for MachineMetrics to assign a name to a machine and job based on the time the operator signed in.
- An operator must login and login correctly to be tracked. Operator login mistakes can happen such as the operator forgetting to sign in or signing in under the wrong operator name. If this happens, a MachineMetrics Executive or Manager user can use the Operator Runs feature to add a new operator run or edit an existing operator run to correct such mistakes.
How to Add Operators Back to Top
To add operators to your MachineMetrics environment, do the following:
- Click on the Gear icon in the upper right hand corner of the MachineMetrics homepage and select Operators from the drop-down menu.
- In the Operators page, click the Add Operator button.
- In the Operator dialog, enter the operator name and click the Save Changes button.
- The operator name will be added to the Operators table and will be available immediately in all MachineMetrics tablets for selection upon operator login.
Operator Naming Considerations Back to Top
For operator names, you can enter whatever makes the most sense for your company. You can enter an operator's full name, last name, employee ID number, operator number, or any naming convention appropriate for your operators. The following should be considered when adding operator names:
- All operator names must be unique. Larger shops may need to use more than just first or last name or a number/ID system to avoid duplicate operator names.
- The naming convention should be consistent. For example, all operators must use their first initial and last name, or all must use their first and last name, or all must use their employee ID, and so on.
- Operator names must be communicated to operators so that they know the sign-in name they must use.
Archiving Operator Names Back to Top
You cannot delete operator names, but you can archive them so that they are removed from the MachineMetrics operator sign-in system. To archive an operator name, click on the operator name entry in the Operators table and click the Archive button in the Operator dialog.
Displaying Archived Operator Names
To display operator names that have been archived, click the Include Archived button above the Operators table.
Operator Login/Logout Process Back to Top
Operators must log in to the MachineMetrics tablet located at their current workcenter at some point during their shift for tracking to occur. The operator login/logout process is as follows:
- The operator selects No Operator at the bottom right of the MachineMetrics tablet screen:
- The operator is presented a list of the operator names that have been added in the Operators page:
- The operator clicks their name and is presented with a Login screen in similar to the following:
- The operator can click the LOGIN NOW button, which will set their login timestamp to the time they click the button, or the LOGIN AS OF [TIME] to set their login timestamp to the start of their shift.
- Once logged in, the operator name will display at the bottom right of the MachineMetrics tablet screen:
- The operator will be automatically logged out by MachineMetrics at the end of their shift.