Downtime is any period of time when a workcenter is not in production. Downtime can be categorized to help identify patterns in machine performance. With MachineMetrics, when a workcenter goes down, downtime is automatically logged as uncategorized for the period of time it is down. Using the MachineMetrics Operator View, Downtime can be categorized either while the machine is down or after the downtime has been recorded.
Categorizing Downtime from a Tablet
In the Operator View, if a machine is down, a bar appears at the top of the screen indicating the machine is idle. The operator can then categorize this downtime by selecting the "Add Downtime Reason" button.
They will then be prompted to select a downtime category.
Previously recorded downtime can also be categorized from the Operator View as well as from the Timeline page.
In order to categorize downtime from the Operator View, select the Downtime Box. The following screen will appear:
- Downtime During Current Shift - Any downtime that has occurred during the workcenter's current shift will be displayed in this section. Select a downtime to categorize or re-categorize it.
- Downtime During Previous Shifts - Any downtime that occurred in previous shifts will display in this section. Select a downtime to categorize or re-categorize it.
- Downtime Category Indicator - Each category of downtime has a unique color assigned to it. This color will allow for managers to to easily spot patterns in a machine's downtime and potentially identify and correct issues a machine may be causing.
- Length of Downtime - The length of an individual downtime.
- Time Downtime Began - The beginning time of an individual downtime instance.
- Downtime Category Name - Each downtime is assigned a name that allows users to identify and assign downtimes accordingly.
Categorizing Downtime from the Timeline
The second way to categorize previously recorded downtime is using MachineMetrics' timeline view of a specific workcenter.
First, click on a machine's tile and select the clock icon.
Blue portions of the timeline represent downtime.
Clicking on any section of downtime will open a prompt where the section can be categorized or split into multiple categories. You can also click on any downtime listed in the table below the timeline.
Once you've selected the desired downtime category, click the Save Changes button.