Any part that is not considered "good" needs to be rejected in order to remove it from the good parts count. There are two ways to reject parts in the system, from the workcenter view and from the Quality page.
At the bottom of the screen, select "Reject Part".
This will bring up the "Reject Part" screen:
- Rejection Category Indicator - A color-coded visual indicator assigned to each category of part rejection. This allows users to identify part rejection patterns for a given workcenter and potentially identify recurring issues with a machine.
- Rejection Category Name - A descriptor for a category that allows users to identify the reason a part is rejected.
- Number of Parts to Reject - The number of parts to reject for the given reason.
- Remove from Good Parts - A checkbox to subtract these parts from the good part count. This is enabled by default. In some cases - typically during setup - the machine will not report that a part is produced, but the operator should still indicate that a part was rejected. Uncheck this box to increase the number of rejected parts without deducting from the number of good parts.
- Description - This allows the user to add additional details as to why the the parts are being rejected. This is an optional but highly recommended field.
- Reject Part Button - Once all of the other information is filled in, the user selects this button to reject the parts.
1. From the home page, click on the tile of the desired machine.
2. From the overlay that appears, click the Reports button.
3. Along the left side of the screen, click Quality.
4. On the right side of the screen, at the top of the "Rejected Parts" section, click the Add Reject button. This will bring up the "Reject Part" prompt.
5. From this prompt, the user can reject parts similarly to the workcenter view.
Parts may be also be rejected from past jobs rather than just the current job. Select the desired date range from the date picker at the top right of the screen, then click the Apply button. Follow the previous steps to add or edit rejected parts.
1. From the Quality Report, click on the Reject/Scrap row you wish to modify.
2. To delete the rejection, click the Delete button, then confirm. This will remove the rejection and return the parts to being counted as "Good".
3. To modify the rejection, make the desired edits, then click Save.