MachineMetrics ships with an industrial PC that's used as the gateway between machines and the public internet. It includes dual network cards for security to isolate the factory network from the public internet. This device is reliable and intended to be installed in an industrial environment.
We also allow our customers to provision their own gateway to save the cost on this device, and also to add more redundancy - in particular for virtualized server implementations. If your IT has VMWare or HyperV virtualization, then this is an option.
Requirements for a virtual MachineMetrics gateway are as follows:
- OS: Windows Server 2012 or newer
- RAM: 4GB
- HDD: 64GB
- CPU: Intel Celeron or better
- Networking: 2 Virtual Network Interfaces. One connected to the factory network, and the other to the public internet.
- .NET Framework 4.0 Installed
- Local Administrative Access
Please make sure that the following URL's are accessible through your firewall from the gateway: