Please Note: This video depicts a Mori Seiki Machine with a FANUC-based MSX control. If you are trying to activate FOCAS on a different type of control, there is no need to 'unlock parameters' or get into 'NCSystem.'
The exact location of the indicated soft keys may differ based on the exact control model, but regardless of the exact FANUC model, your should be looking for the softkeys indicated in this video.
To enable Fanuc FOCAS:
1) Press the SYSTEM hardkey.
2) Press the right scroll softkey (under the screen) until you see EMBDD
3) select EMBDD
4) Enter your desired IP, Subnet, and Gateway.
5) Select FOCAS2, if that option is not available press the PAGE DOWN key until you see FOCAS settings.
6) Set FOCAS port to TCP 8193, UDP should be left blank.
7) Select RESTART (or similar) and select EXECUTE. If these options are not available, power cycle machine.
If you haven't already done so, the next step will be to configure your Edge Device. Otherwise you are ready to add your machine you your MachineMetrics Dashboard.
If you have any further questions or