This integration allows JobBOSS Squared users to connect their ERP to MachineMetrics, map their machines and groups between the two systems, and configure an ongoing import of part operations, all in a matter of minutes!
Topics covered in this article
In order to use this integration, you'll need the following.
- A cloud-accessible instance of JobBOSS Squared
- A MachineMetrics account with at least Manager level access
Enabling the Integration
The first step in connecting your JobBOSS Squared system with MachineMetrics is authentication. This requires both a Client Secret and Client ID from JobBOSS Squared and an API key with the Reporting and ERP scopes from MachineMetrics.
Currently, it is not possible to generate either the ID or Secret in JobBOSS Squared without their support, so reach out to your ECI representative or their support line and request they provide a Client Secret and ID.
To generate a MachineMetrics API key, follow the instructions in this article and create a key with the ERP and Reporting scopes.
Once you have these three credentials, you're ready to authorize the integration!
- In MachineMetrics, navigate to the Settings>Integrations page.
- Hover over the JobBOSS Squared integration and click the 'Authorize' button.
- In the modal that appears, click the 'Authorize Access' button.
- On the following page, enter the corresponding credentials in each field.
- For the 'Webhook Secret' field, enter a password of your choosing. This is your own personal secret for your integration. Just remember to store it someplace secure where you won't forget it!
- Click the 'Authorize' button!
Once your integration is authorized, the JobBOSS Squared modal will now have the Manage Access button and the Go to Integration button.
Click Go to Integration to begin configuring your JobBOSS Squared integration.
Configuring the Integration
The JobBOSS Squared integration allows you to map your work centers & departments in JobBOSS Squared with your machines and machine groups in MachineMetrics. Once you have the machines and machine groups mapped, you'll be able to import your part operation data from JobBOSS Squared into MachineMetrics!
1. Map your JobBOSS Squared workcenters by using the drop-down on the right to select their corresponding MachineMetrics machine.
If you haven't yet added the workcenter in MachineMetrics, select "Add New Machine" from the drop-down. This will create a new machine in MachineMetrics at the end of the configuration.
Note: You don't need to map every workcenter! Leaving the drop-down on 'Select a machine' will cause the integration to simply ignore the workcenter on that row.
2. Once you've mapped your workcenters, click the Next button at the bottom right.
3. On the next page, you'll be able to map JobBOSS departments to your MachineMetrics machine groups. Just as in the previous step, use the drop-down to map your departments. If an equivalent machine group doesn't exist, select "Create New Machine Group" to create a new group.
You'll only see departments for machines you mapped in the previous step. Additionally, only operations for the machine groups you map will be imported to MachineMetrics.
4. Once you've mapped your departments, click the Next button at the bottom right.
5. Review the list of operations that will be imported. Only operations for Active or Pending work orders will be imported.
6. If you need to make changes to your mapping, click the Previous button. Otherwise, click Next to move on to the final step of the configuration.
7. Select the frequency of your operation import schedule.
Manually - Your operations will be imported, and no recurring import will be configured.
Daily - A daily import of your operations will be scheduled. If the 'Start Immediately' checkbox is checked, your operations will also be imported immediately in addition to the scheduled import.
More frequent imports can be configured upon request.
8. Review the Import Summary section. If everything looks good, click the Finish button to finish your configuration. Your mapping will be saved, and new machines & groups will be created. Operations will be imported based on your Operation Import Schedule Frequency.
Congratulations! Your JobBOSS Squared integration is now online!