Machine Schedule "Shift logic" is the method that MachineMetrics uses to divide up or segment your company's operational data by day and time. A Machine Schedule is a weekly recurring schedule consisting of Shifts. Machines within your company are assigned to Machine Schedules which allows different machines to run on different shift schedules.
Table of Contents
- Accessing Machine Schedules
- Machine Schedules Page Layout
- Creating Machine Schedules
- Editing Machine Schedules
- Machine Schedules FAQ
Accessing Machine Schedules
To access the Machine Schedules Settings Page, click the Settings menu item in the sidebar nav, then select Machine Schedules from the list.
Machine Schedules Page Layout
Machine Schedules Info Bar
This bar contains the following rollups:
Total Scheduled Machines - Displays the total number of machines in your company assigned to a machine schedule.
Total Unscheduled Machines - Displays the total number of machines in your company not assigned to a machine schedule.
Weekly Planned Production Hours - Displays total number of "planned production hours", in a week, for all machine schedules. Planned Production hours are all scheduled and attended hours within your schedule.
Weekly Unplanned Production Hours - Displays total number of "unplanned production hours", in a week, for all machine schedules. Unplanned Production hours are all unscheduled and unattended hours within your schedule.
Machine Schedules Table
The machine schedules table displays all of your currently created machine schedules.
Creating Machine Schedules
To create a new machine schedule, click Add Schedule at the top right of the Machine Schedules page. The add schedule form will open.
Every machine schedule has:
- A unique name.
- Shifts defining the schedule.
- Machines assigned to the schedule.
Every machine schedule starts with one default shift to modify.
Each shift requires:
- A shift name.
- Shift names can be shared across machine schedules. This allows for additional flexibility in reporting.
- An attended or unattended designation.
- Days that the shift runs on.
- The period of time associated with the shift.
To add additional shifts to a machine schedule, click Add Shift.
- Select a shift name from the input or add a new one.
- To add a new shift, start typing in the input.
- Choose whether this shift is attended or unattended.
- Select the days of the week you want this shift to be active.
- Select the time range that this shift covers.
Assigning Machines to a Schedule
To add machines to a machine schedule, click Add Machines.
The assign machines modal appears. Select all machines you want to assign to this machine schedule.
If any selected machines are already assigned to another machine schedule you will be prompted to transfer the machines when saving the new machine schedule.
Saving a Machine Schedule
Once the machine schedule is complete, confirm the Schedule Status is set to Active, and click Save. If any selected machines are already assigned to another machine schedule you will be prompted to transfer the machines.
New machine schedules will take effect during the first new shift period that occurs after activating and saving.
Editing Machine Schedules
To edit an existing machine schedule, click Edit on the machine schedule.
- You can update the name of the machine schedule.
- You can add, remove, or update shifts for the machine schedule.
- You can update the machines on the machine schedule.
- You can update the status of the machine schedule
Machine Schedules FAQ
What happens if I don't cover 24 hours a day, 7 days a week with my shifts? Any time within a machine schedule that is not defined by a shift will have that time automatically bucketed as unscheduled time.
Can my shifts overlap? Shifts within a machine schedule cannot overlap.