Use this article to determine whether your machine will require the Mitsubishi M70 Integration.
Topics covered in this article
- When is the M70 Connection Method Necessary?
- Requirements for M70 Connection Method
- Machine Connectivity
- Adding the Machine to your MachineMetrics Account
Note: The only operating system that is supported with this connection method is Windows OS.
When is the M70 Connection Method Necessary?
Don’t confuse the Mitsubishi M70 integration type with the Citizen M700 integration type. Both are Mitsubishi M7-series controls, but they have different network protocols and require different adapters.
The Mitsubishi M70 integration applies to:
- Mitsubishi M7x controls only in non-Citizen machines
- Mitsubishi M8xx controls in all machines
- Citizen machines that use M8xx control e.g. Cincom D25 with M850W.
The Citizen M700 integration applies to:
- Citizen/Cincom machines with Mitsubishi M7x controls.
This is a Citizen-exclusive version of the Mitsubishi M7x control, with a different API and protocol from other Mitsubishi controls.
- Miyano machines with Mitsubishi M7x controls (these are sold and serviced by Cincom)
Follow this link for instructions on M700 integration: How to Integrate Citizen M700
Requirements for the M70 Connection Method?
The Mitsubishi M70 integration requires the MachineMetrics M70 adapter and the Mitsubishi Communication Library software to run on a Windows PC for data collection. These two pieces of software must be downloaded and manually installed on the PC. This Windows PC communicates machine data to the MachineMetrics edge device, which in turn sends that data to app. The Windows PC you choose must be on the same network as the Edge Device.
How to install the Mitsubishi Communication Library (FCSB1224.exe)
Follow the instructions below to install the Mitsubishi Communication Library on the Windows PC (Virtual Machine).
- Download FCSB1224.exe (180MB!) from MachineMetrics via Amazon.
- Navigate to the C:\MachineMetrics\AdapterStore folder.
- Locate the file FCSB1224.exe and run it as administrator.
- Complete the install, it's not fast but it is straightforward.
- Take all the defaults except decline all the offers to install a USB driver (Jungo, etc.) - it's not needed.
How to install and update the Mitsubishi M70 adapter
Next, install the Mitsubishi M70 adapter on the Windows PC.
- On the Windows PC, download the following file:
Note: The Mitsubishi M70 uses port 683 by default.
Depending on the make & model of your machine, the Mitsubishi control unit may be located in the control cabinet (behind the HMI screen), or in the main electrical cabinet. The RJ-45 (Ethernet) jack which transmits machine data is located on the control unit itself. Plug the network drop into this port.
Setting the network information (IP address, subnet, gateway) for the ethernet port will be the same regardless of the machine make/model. Follow these instructions to set the network information on the Mitsubishi control.
Adding the Machine to your MachineMetrics Account
Once you've configured the network settings on the machine, and plugged the network drop into the ethernet port on the Mitsubishi control unit, you can add the machine to your company dashboard. The Add Machine form is straightforward and self-explanatory - click this link for a step-by-step guide on how to add a machine.
Please reach out to us at email@example.com